Treadmill Workouts for Expecting Moms
Are you pregnant? Well then, congratulations! Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful periods in the life of a lady when she beholds a baby in her stomach for nine full months. You need to take care of yourself and your baby equally well.
Now coming to the point, every woman wants to be a mother, but none want to carry the post-pregnancy weight which makes them look flabby. So it is really important that you start working on it
from the very beginning. Working it out doesn’t really mean that you should exhaust yourself in the gym or even at home. There are a so lot of easy treadmill workouts which you can do at home or at the gym to keep yourself and your baby fit and healthy. Here, I am going to tell you about some of the most easy and comfortable workouts which you can do during your pregnancy.
- Always begin any exercise on the treadmill with a warm-up session lasting a maximum of five minutes. This sets up the tone for the coming up faster walks.
- Then go on for a faster walk of approximately five minutes and then come down on a slower speed for around two minutes.
- Repeat the above five and two-minute sessions twice and then end the entire session with a five minute cooling down walk.
- This entire session should run for around 30 minutes, but it can be adjusted according to your fitness level.
Some Tips to be followed during Trimesters:
- Each trimester comes in with gradual changes in your body, especially your tummy. Hence, it is necessary that you adjust according to those changes. Running and jogging can be done during the first and second trimesters, but it is a strict no-no during the final trimester.
- It is very necessary to keep yourself hydrated throughout your pregnancy. Hence, always keep a water bottle beside yourself while treadmill workouts.
- Keeping yourself in the most upright position is very important during all the phases of pregnancy. Your posture should never be bent; your neck and your back should always be straight.
- To make the most out of your treadmill workouts, swing your arms most of the time. This action will not just bring about much intensity to your workout but will also help you a lot in keeping your body balance.
- Always make sure that you are wearing proper sports shoes while stepping up on the treadmill as worn out ones may result in a serious situation.
- Working out on the treadmill is suggested only till your body can do it easily. Don’t exert yourself too much resulting in breathlessness.
- Remember that your baby is dependent on your for everything-so if you are feeling breathless, oxygen supplies to your baby will also be reduced.
- Short treadmill workouts are always better than longer ones. So always try to go for the shorter ones.
- Don’t let your pulse rate get higher for long periods of time as this will reduce the amount of blood circulated into your baby’s body.
- Lastly and importantly, always consult your doctor and midwife before planning any kind of treadmill workout.
- Each pregnancy is different and hence your doctor will be able to give you the best advice.
By following these tips and exercises, you shall be able to adopt a healthy lifestyle all throughout your pregnancy and even after that. Keeping the baby weight at bay during the post-pregnancy period is the most challenging task. But with this exercise, you can, not just keep that away but also stay fit throughout your pregnancy.