Sole F80 Folding Treadmill Review
Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
- F80 treadmill offers an industry-leading warranty and a proprietary Cushion Flex Whisper Deck, shown in a study to reduce impact on your joints by up to 40% compared to running on asphalt
- 3.5 CHP, DC Type motor with 0.5-to-12 MPH speed range, 0-to-15% rack-and-pinion gear design incline, two-ply belt, pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring
- Six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart programs; cooling fans and MP3-compatible sound system; 7.5-inch LCD workout display
- Measures 35 by 58 by 80 inches (W x H x D); deck measures 35 by 80 inches (W x D); running surface measures 22 by 60 inches (W x D); 265-pound weight and 375-pound weight limit; 2.75-inch rollers
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame, motor, and deck; five years on electronics; and two years on labor
We belong to the group that has a strong belief in the brand name. When it is about buying a treadmill, it better be from a manufacturer who can promise quality and value in any price range. And Sole is the ideal treadmill maker for this. The Sole F80 is the epitome for dependability and performance. Comfort is assured with the F80 thanks to its unique cushioning system and the model also boasts of a high quality durable frame with loads of style and features. Everything about the F80 speaks elaborately of the manufacturing principle of Sole – multiple parts that come together with the sole purpose of fluidity.
Noise & Space: 4.5/5
Silent as ones found at the gym, the Sole F80 is not the quietest of all treadmills but certainly good enough to be used at home. Even with the feet pounding on fast, the complete workout stays well below ear-shattering levels. Unfortunately we could not test its noise levels at 350 pounds but from the looks of it, this treadmill can manage 350 pounds and yet not create a ruckus.
In terms of space though, Sole F80 lacks a bit of optimization. The one touch folding feature saves considerable space, but it does not fold into a vertical position, which would have been great to store in a closet or storage closet. Hence, you better have a decent portion of your bedroom or some other room dedicated solely to the Sole.
Workout Features: 4/5
The model is equipped with the 6 standard programs, 2 custom programs and 2 heart programs. The cooling fans keep the heat dissipation at nominal levels, and there is an MP3 compatible sound system built-into the unit to stream melodies while you walk or jog. Finally, you get a 7.5 inch LCD display to help keep track of your performance and other parameters.
Sole F80 Folding Treadmill:
Sole F80 Folding Treadmill Review (2015 Model)
Motor & Horsepower: 5/5
Thanks to the 3.5 CHP DC motor, the speed ranges between 0.5 MPH and 12 MPH. Moreover, the rack-and-pinion gear design can be inclined to 15 degrees. These two features ensure that you can incline and decline as needed without over-stressing the F80. The workouts stay noiseless even at the fastest pounding. And while the recommended weight limit of 350 pounds is much higher than that allowed in the other brands with similar models. In every sense, it is a sturdy machine with an excellent tolerance, all because of the large motor.
Ease of Use: 5/5
We salute Sole engineers for once again creating a masterpiece that is simple enough for a novice to get started. Even though the control panel is loaded with sophisticated features, the program controls feel simple. In fact, the one touch open feature is a real hit with my wife. Sole, already well known for its comfort and user friendly mechanisms, has done justice to this treadmill model by keeping things easy and well positioned. With the F80 though, Sole has gone a step further to make it child safe, thus ruling out any chances of accidents.
Running Belt & Deck: 5/5
The cushion Flex Whisper Deck Technology with excellent absorption makes the model a good choice for heavy users. It reduces the impact on the joints and back, and is fit for both, fast striders and joggers. Its low impact mechanism also proves to be a great remedy for those with joint injuries while the sound platform assists with any level of elaborate workout.
The deck measures 35” X 80” and the running surface measures 22” X 60”, which is far too much compared to similar models from other brands. This is a good thing though as it lets you use the full surface rather than having to consciously stay at the center of the running platform.
Extra Features: 5/5
The F80’s double horseshoe frame and sturdy design are both unique in comparison with any other treadmill. The LCD screen on the control panel is also loaded with every conceivable feature one may need. However, its main charm lies in the comfort that has always been the promise of the manufacturer. Sole, with its warranty bonanzas and the unmatched comfort has once again led the market in this regard.
Features and Specifications:
- The 22” X 60” running surface is great for a comfortable, helps both sprinters and leisure users.
- A large 7.5” LCD display tracks the performance and heart rate.
- With bio-mechanically corrected desk suspension system, the weight capacity of the model is limited to an astonishing 350 lbs.
- The Cushion Flex Whisper Deck Technology reduces impact on the joints.
- Warranties on frame, motor and deck is for the lifetime, five years on the parts and two years on labor.