Lifespan TR 1200i Treadmill Review
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
1 used from $ 797.00
- High performance 2.5 HP motor with a spacious 20-by-56-inch running surface
- Biomechanically correct deck suspension system supports up to 300 pounds
- Multicolored LCD console tracks your time, calories, distance, speed, and more
- 21 exercise programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate programs
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor
I am a member of the over 60 crowd. My needs and desires from a treadmill differ from a majority of users. I’ve kept myself active and fit so it’s not like I’m looking for a treadmill for a stooped-over old man. I’m looking for something with character, style and functionality. The Lifespan 1200i isn’t perfect for what I want but it delivers 90% of what I’m looking for with the other 10% of the functionality available with some adjustments to normal routine. That’s mostly a convenience issue and frankly, nothing ever meets that requirement 100%. I’m demanding in what I want but am not a perfectionist.
Noise & Space: 5/5
I’ve converted my garage into a home gym so the normal space and noise issues aren’t a concern. I like the weight of the machine. At 300 lbs, I can drag it to different locations myself. The fact that it folds up easily allows me to reconfigure my home gym at will as I go into the weight training routine of my workout and want to spread out the weight benches and free weights
Workout Features: 3/5
I tend to do workout regimens that support my lifestyle. I’m a long distance runner so that exercise tracking and body related statistics (height weight et.al.) help me design a routine that meets the needs of specific exercise goals (even though the USB connection does not come with the basic model – kind of dumb but hey, you adjust). The display screens help monitor activity while in progress (USB also needed here) which is useful. I wouldn’t want to over burn my calories now would I. I’d give it a 3 of 5 here mostly because of the oversight of not providing the USB with the basic model. It’s cheap and easy to do.
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill – Comprehensive Review Video:
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill - Comprehensive Review
Motor & Horsepower: 5/5
The acid test for the power of the machine comes from inclining the slope to increase the level of effort required to run. The Lifespan 1200i motor is strong enough and develops enough torque to keep the running platform moving at a constant speed even while inclining is in progress. Nice.
Ease of Use: 3/5
This is one of my pet peeves. The user’s manual does not adequately explain all the features of the machine. Sure, it covers the casual user stuff but not the serious user stuff. It simply doesn’t answer all the questions about how to use the machine. That gets it a 3 of 5.
Running Belt & Deck: 4/5
The running deck is fabulous and roomy. It takes into account the joint compression problem that all runners face sooner or later. The bio-mechanically correct suspension system (love marketing speak) saves me a lot of pain and the taking of pills to alleviate the pain after a workout session. This feature also adds a benefit of increasing calorie burn in my humble and unqualified opinion. The soft absorption and rebound is almost like running in sand on the beach. Definitely 4 of 5.
Extra Features: 4/5
The price combined with the features of the machine is definitely the main draw of this treadmill. It has the features of the higher end machines even if it does require a little effort on your part to reveal and use those features. It is of sturdy construction even at its lower price which I found very surprising. Sure, the upper console is made of inexpensive plastic but underneath that is solid construction. It gets a 4 of 5 rating for features.
Features and Specifications:
- Wide spacious running surface of 20 inch by 56 inch and 2.5 HP sturdy motor with folding design.
- Maximum user weight of 300 lbs supported using Bio-mechanically correct deck suspension mechanism.
- LCD console with multi-color operations that keeps track of distance, calories, time, speed and much more.
- Variable program options such as healthy living, heart rate, sports training and weight loss.
- Lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, measures 33 inches by 54 inches by 70 inches.